Friday, November 2, 2001

Mr Showbiz is gone !!!

I don't believe it ! My favorite site for movie reviews, http://mrshowbiz.go.com , just rolled over and died. Talk about dotcom bubbles. My life will never be the same again. Where will I go for movie reviews ? I don't agree with Ebert. Or he doesn't agree with me.

I liked the grapes of wrath-like farewell message on the mrshowbiz site. Brought a tear to me eye, it did. Almost.

Reminder - need to remove the link to mrshowbiz from my web site. Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. If you want funny, visceral, but yet oh-so-true movie reviews, you can't do better than Mr. Cranky. It's at http://www.mrcranky.com

    Sure, he doesn't have anything nice to say about any movie, but you can bet there's more than a grain of truth in what he writes. Check out his archives for reviews of your favourite movies. I promise you won't be disappointed - or your money back.

    You're a fellow Bangalorean too, eh? Found you through Mujib's journal. He and I, um, sorta know each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. I remember trying Mr Cranky long back. Found it too cranky (what else!) and stopped. So I'm still on the lookout...

    ReplyDelete