Tuesday, January 29, 2002

King of Pain

Woke up in agony at 3:30 in the morning today. The pain was just incredible - couldn't lie down, couldn't sit, couldn't stand. Took a dose of pain killers, but by the time it kicked in I had been through hell.

So went to HOSMAT without further delay (should have gone there the first day itself, of course). Doc takes an x-ray, mutters something and says I've got a pain in the neck. It masquerades as a pulled muscle, but is apparently due to a thingamajig between my neck bones. I've signed up for a week of physiotherapy at HOSMAT, starting today. And oh yes, he also recommended the tablets which asked me to take. Thanks, buddy.

Anyway, I guess that's enough on the subject.

I've almost completed Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. Its not bad, but of course nowhere near his best. To my mind, these are the best of King:

1. Salems Lot
2. Night Shift, a collection of short stories
3. It
4. The Stand
5. The Shining

3 comments:

  1. EYE OF THE DRAGON - with Peter Straub , was also one of his good books; its a pity he doesnt get enough accolades for that piece of work!

    Mukesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondering whats up with you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you talkin to me??

    Mukesh

    ReplyDelete