Thursday, March 21, 2002

Game time

Am feeling the urge to get back into gaming. At home of course. There's this large collection which I have only sampled, never completed.

I'm trying to think of games I've completed - very few, really. And most of them are the older games:
- Prince of Persia 2 (yeah, that was fun)
- Wolf 3D and the Spear of Destiny series
- Doom (but not Doom 2 !)
- Age of Empires (completed the campaigns)
- Heroes of Might and Magic III (the default campaigns)
- Grim Fandango
- Serious Sam

Games which I've played a lot but never completed:
- Doom 2
- Quake
- Quake 2
- Halflife
- Alice
- Caesar
- Age of Kings: The Conquerors
- Hexen II

And games which I have sampled and liked, but put off playing in earnest:
- Starcraft
- Homeworld (both 1 and 2)
- Diablo 2
- Myst
- Riven (wanted to finish Myst first, sigh...)
- Black and White
- System Shock 2
- Empire Earth
- Undying
- Civilization 3
- No One Lives Forever

Must be more in each category, cant think of the names right now though.

Hope to get Max Payne shortly. I have the no-cd crack downloaded. Waiting for the CD from a friend...

12 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention road rash.
    I am pretty sure everyone has played that on and finished that too. The full version's got only 6 tracks,and its chicked shit to win that game.
    btw Max Payne is pretty small too. 3 days is all it need to finish it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only game I was really hooked on to was Doom. I wasted countless nights without sleep (and with cheat codes, hehe) before realising that I was addicted. I have never played anything seriously afterwards ('97). I tried out Quake and Quake 2 briefly when they were released, just to see the level of graphic details. After a long time, I had a small brush with games again when I bought 'Age Of Empires (Gold Edition)' and 'MS Flight Simulator 2002' to gift to my cousins. That was in January.

    Nowadays, the only game I play is xhextris because it runs on practically on all my low end Linux boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, forgot about Road Rash. Sadly, I didnt complete it - got bored after a while.

    I heard about Payne being small. But I guess there would be mods available ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know where I can download the Microsoft version of Tetris?
    The one that used to come in their Gamepack, remember?

    You could even send a working version of it via mail.
    I am in between projects now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it, will mail it to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Till Monday at least, its on my office pc

    ReplyDelete
  7. test from ptrthomas : what, no Unreal Tournament ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No - I saw some guys at office play it once. Looked like a multiplayer centric game, so opted out. I dont know if its good in single player.

    I dont get much opportunity to play multiplayer, so tend to focus solely on single player

    ReplyDelete
  9. ptrthomas again : wow this is interesting - do you get notifications if someone replies to something discussed ages back - this livejournal thing is intriuging - I surfed in to your territory from mujibmk's pages and well...

    and yeah, Unreal Tournament IS multiplayer flavoured - but the singleplayer mode gameplay is against computer generated bots - and the AI is almost perfect so you feel as though you are playing against a set of real people...

    hey I picked up my multiplayer skills from SPJIMR... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, is this Peter ? I didnt realize what ptr was..thought it was short for pointer. ;-)

    Hows life ? Where are u ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm fine, very much in BLR, wife and kid (yeah!) as well. Now posting from home - will catch up in detail from office on Monday. Ok ? Right ! Real cool stuff, I checked out your home-page as well... real neat! ciao bye...

    ReplyDelete