Thursday, April 11, 2002

Bad Day at Black Rock

Yesterday was totally crazy. Rolled my bike out to discover it had a flat. Left it at home as I had to rush to a day-long training session. Reminded myself to get it repaired the next day so that I could pick up from the airport. Had the surprise of my life when I saw him at my door yesterday evening itself. I had got my dates mixed up. *sigh*....

The day was however redeemed by the old reliable Long Island chappie. Had a good time with Jayasankar and Kichan at Kapalua. Returned home and chatted till 1:30. Alls well that ends well, I guess.

Current book - Soul Music by Terry Pratchett

7 comments:

  1. "... got my dates mixed up..."

    Should we let someone in Manipal know about these things? ;)

    Btw, where's this Kapalua place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should we let someone in Manipal know about these things? ;)

    Shhhhhh......! :-)

    Kapalua came up after you left. Its on Airport Road, near the Domlur signal and opposite Diamond District. Its got a rather well known pub called Opium and a restaurant called Dhanush next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. Work at i2, Diamond Dist, Airport Road. Staying at CV Raman Nagar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm.... CV Raman Nagar....

    That place sounds familiar. Wonder why...

    D'oh! Oh yes, I live there meself... ;)

    In Byrasandra Extn. to be precise, Opp. VARS Residency. Looks like I'll catch up with you some time.

    -sush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! Talk about a small world. I stayed in Byrasandra near VARS from 98 to 99, then moved to SG Palya (opposite LRDE).

    Our paths would have crossed sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. He didn't get his dates mixed up, nor his days. He apparently thought today meant tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete