Sunday, April 14, 2002

Brilliant !

That sums up the Waters concert. Brilliant music, brilliant sound. The visual effects were below what I had expected, but the music was simply outstanding. Very professional, very Waters.

He played selections from The Wall, Animals, Wish You Were Here, A Saucerful of Secrets, Dark Side of the Moon, Amused to Death, Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking and a few others I couldn't recognize. There was a new song called The Flickering Flame at the end.

Thought: the world is divided into
- those who think The Dark Side of the Moon is the best Floyd album
- those who believe its The Wall
- and those who know its Wish You Were Here

Current book - Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje

5 comments:

  1. How's the stage architecture?Brilliant?Waters is a architect I belive and he is very particular about his stage design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the stage did have a narrow raised platform at the back where Waters could walk up and play, above the rest of the band members. There was a screen in the background which displayed video snippets from the songs. I dont know if this was something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice comparison - all albums being post-Barrett and pre-split. WYWH is my favourite too :)

    Btw, how is 'Anil's Ghost'? I was in two minds at the library last week. Then based on the bad experience of 'The English Patient', I decided against taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..how is 'Anil's Ghost'?..

    Not too good. I've covered a third of the book and didnt find anything great. The style is quite similar to The English Patient which I didnt like either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe next time. Thanks anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete