Sunday, April 7, 2002

Docs don't dock

Thought I'd land up with fever on Saturday, but didn't. Reminds me of school, really.
You get up in the morning with a sore throat and mild body ache. Stagger downstairs where your mother makes you coffee. You look at her with bleary eyes and cough twice. She checks your pulse and says there's nothing wrong. Pats you on the head, you are back in your room. You put up a brave face and get ready for another day at school.

My mother is a doc, by the way. So is my wife. I don't think I have any escape. Maybe my daughter will be a pilot.

Current book - The Van by Roddy Doyle

6 comments:

  1. How did you get it to say surrent book as opposed to current mood/music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-). I just add the 'current book' part to the bottom of my post, in italics. Its not really 'opposed' to the mood and music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My experience is that the "Oh no, I've got a bellyache" routine works better than headache/fever. No one can find out if you're really having some illness. For added effect, you could spend an extra hour in the toilet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, the most useful aspect of my cellphone is for me to play games on it, while at the loo! :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We asked Nazreen, "Do you want to be a dentist like mama or an engineer like papa?"

    "No! A patient!" replies she.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a bookshop in our hometown--Current Books. There's a DC Bookhouse as well.

    ReplyDelete