Sunday, April 28, 2002

Still Angsty

Got so depressed on Saturday I went on a shopping spree. Picked up four vcds from music world - Sathya, Deewar, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar and Four Weddings & A Funeral. Got chewed out by Sindha immediately after, so returned to the depressed state.

Another year, another disaster at Mastermind. This is now my fourth attempt at the prelims. I dont know why I even bother. My best chance was the first time when I was in touch with quizzing. Oh well, at least I know of one l-j-er who cracked the prelims and appeared on National TV. , take a bow !

I feel fat and bloated. Havent gone walking for a week now. Need to start again. Actually I should start running again. Wish was here.

Current book - True History of the Kelly Gang by Peter Carey

6 comments:

  1. JJWS, Satya & Deewar are some of my favourite hindi movies as well.

    And do keep trying for Mastermind. Someday you'll get through and then even I'll be able to boast of knowing a lj-er who appeared on National TV :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried last year. Thought I had done it well, but heck.
    Should have tried this year... forgot to give the appilication form in time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get disheartened. You never know ;-) The Mastermind selection is not based on marks alone. Things like your profile/subject selection are also important. If there are not many software people who did well in the prelims, then you stand a good chance. That said, Bangalore is perhaps the worst place for a s/w guy to take the prelims! If it doesn't work out this year, next year should be easier. At least, the big wigs can't participate for one more year. In fact, that was my greatest advantage. All the top shots like Arul, Anustup, Ochintya, Appu, Movin etc had qualified the year before ;-)

    Btw, do you attend KQA quizzes these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And do keep trying for Mastermind

    Thanks ! May your wish come true ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I dont go for the KQA quizzes. In fact I dont even read the quizzes on quiznet these days. Too many of them, most of which are quite silly.

    Thanks for the tips on mastermind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel fat and bloated. Havent gone walking for a week now. Need to start again. Actually I should start running again. Wish jayasankarvs was here.


    Oh, the old trick of hanging out with friends who are more bloated than you, eh?

    ReplyDelete