Sunday, May 26, 2002

Madhav vs the Mosquitoes

The mosquitoes won, I'm sorry to say. I did fight the good fight, however. Closed the bathroom door, closed the bedroom door. Used a torch to find out the mosquito camps and went in hot pursuit. My bedroom walls are now bathed in red, a silent testimony to the battle which was waged at 2am today morning.

The enemy had the final say, however. There's just so much a tired Madhav can do. My forehead feels like the Mahabharat written in Braille.

But I'm not done yet. Not by a long shot. Tonight I arm myself with the best of anti-mosquito machinery - Tortoise Mosquito Coils. Of course, if the Gods of KPTC decide to bless my house with power at least today, I can have a Good Knight's sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, regular dosage of allethrin over prolonged periods of time is supposed to fuck you up. Good luck with your health :^)

    "Canada, here I come ..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... along the lines of 'Leiningen Versus The Ants.'

    For the benefit of those who haven't read it:
    To make a short story shorter, Leiningen emerges victorious (it being a story conjured up by a human for the consumption of humans, after all), despite being badly bitten.

    Does Stephen King have anything in which diptera and hymenoptera get the upper hand er... appendage?

    Enjoyed that post! :)

    PS: What's the current score?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I had a lovely sleep yesterday. The Good Knight rode out to battle and the mosquitoes fled, never to darken my room again.

    At least till the next power cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kabbadi!kabbadi!kabbadi!

    ReplyDelete