Thursday, October 17, 2002

The IEHelper saga continues...

Thanks for the help, , and ! However...


  • I tried looking at the registry, the only thing which had an 'IEHelper' entry was Acrobat. I happily uninstalled the poor soul but that didnt remove the problem.
  • I use WinNT, so msconfig wasnt an option. I checked the startup stuff, didnt find anything remotely suspicious
  • Tried checking the Task Manager to figure out what gets kicked off when I launch IE, but didnt find anything useful.


This is what google gave me. All it did was confuse me more.

The local sysadmin wants to reinstall IE 6.0 to solve the problem. Age old remedy. Hope it works, but I have my doubts. Whats more, I dont get to know what the darn thing was all about !

2 comments:

  1. Maybe, running Ad-aware which you can get from http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=506 will help u get rid of the unwanted 'helper'

    ReplyDelete
  2. IWebBrowser2 refers to the ActiveX Web Browser control that allows you to embed a web browser in your applications. It comes with IE. Yes, reinstalling IE will probably fix the problem. No, it's not spyware.

    ReplyDelete