Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Buffet Redux


I managed to sneak in half of my BPCL stock (20, to be precise) just before Arun Shourie made his announcement on divestment. Sold them at Rs 230, at a fat profit of 40 bucks a share. They are currently trading at Rs 200. I think I will keep the other half for a while and wait for it to go up again. I will also hold on to my 50 HLL shares for at least 6 months, maybe a year. Getting HLL at Rs 159 a share is a real good deal, IMHO.

I had also speculated on IDBI Bank. Made another good deal there, sold off 100 shares at a profit of Rs 4.5 each. Nice, no ?

On the flip side, my Reliance purchase (15 shares at Rs 297) will take a while to become profit worthy. My Franklin Templeton equity mutual fund is also in the red - invested Rs 20,000 at an NAV of Rs 31, the current price is in the Rs 29 range. Oh, well. I can wait


By the way, does anyone have an invite code to spare ? My long time friend from college, Mathew Kuruvilla, would like to open an l-j account.

9 comments:

  1. read the hitch hikers investment guide
    dunno the name of the author

    amazing book
    but.....certain ratios calculated cud b misleading

    makes a good afternoon read tho

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HPCL and BPCL are going for a public issue and a strategic sale soon! BUY BUY BUY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all the money, *phear*

    I have an LJ code. I could paste it here if your journal was friends-only, but since it isn't, and because youre such a public celebrity (!) I'll just have to email it to you. Drop me an email, and I'll give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to get hold of that book

    ReplyDelete
  5. good lord. is everyone on symonds?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone ? Who's everyone ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lj code.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome aboard LJ :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh. Quite a few of us here. And apparently, now, including you. Was registering surprise at that. ravi, infact, is a co-admin of sorts for the same.

    ReplyDelete