Monday, December 23, 2002

Where's Joseph Heller when you need him ?

The office has about a dozen VOIP phones installed in the conference rooms and in a few cabins. Making calls to the US using these phones doesnt cost the company a cent. The marvels of modern technology. But...

The IS department says they can install an IP phone in my room only if they have me marked as a frequent user of the normal phones, with a high ISD bill. Now the reason why I do not have a high ISD bill is that I try to use the IP phones as much as possible, good employee that I am.

In essence, I need to spend a lot of the company money for me to save the company money.


Sindha got a job offer with MVJ Medical College, Whitefield. She has resigned from her current job but needs to serve the notice period till Jan 17. The college has a bus, so the commute should be better in the New Year. (The driver didnt turn up, btw. I still double as the driver).

We are off to Mumbai on the 26th, back on the 30th. Taking the Udyan, returning by IA. Another family get-together which I'm looking forward to. This trip has the bonus of meeting up with as well.


current book: The Talented Mr Ripley by Patricia Highsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment