Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Quizzing again

I wanted to conduct a quiz at the office, the last I had done was over two years back. The HR blokes agreed and more or less gave me carte blanche to go ahead. The idea was to have written prelims at the three offices in Bangalore, followed by a final round during the i2 bash. However the HR folks felt that a quiz might be too formal an idea for the bash and pulled it out, puncturing my hopes.

So when there were posters put up at office announcing a biz quiz being conducted by some group within the company, I was rattled. Having a fairly big ego, I decided not to take part and snub them. Serves them right, huh ?

Luckily, I have a wife with her head screwed on right. She forced me to take part in the prelims. I did. And guess what, my team topped. My team mate was supposed to be Arun S, but he didn't turn up, so went with Vasudha instead.

The finals are this Friday and the top team gets to represent i2 at the Brand Equity quiz in Bangalore. Having been for a few Brand Es myself, I am not really looking forward to this. At any rate, it felt good to let my pride go.

Thanks, Sindha !

6 comments:

  1. Nice going..
    glad you took part
    gladder at the result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wheeeeeeeeeeeeee
    congratulations on the prelims

    n yeah...HAIL SINDHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, dude! Crack those HR blokes, crack the quiz, & crack Derek No Brain!!

    What's the BrandE entry fee these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-)
    even i am off to the Brand-E prelims at Hyd. But I am bad at corporate stuff, hope u do better though. Brand-E quzzing sucks!!!!
    As for my name, ummm, i think i better mail u and tell u. No-names-policy here on LJ for me.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ! The BrandE entry fee is Rs 5500

    ReplyDelete