Friday, April 11, 2003

A few of my favorite things

All right, time to try out the Sound of Mucous Music stuff. I'm still feeling pissed. So, in no particular order and not set to the music, here we go:


  • Dark bottles of Old Monk consumed in a dimly lit bar, omlette and mango pickle on the side

  • , Sreeji, Beladev, Ashok and Soman round the table, sharing the above

  • A big fat juicy Stephen King novel read in my bedroom, gentle breeze blowing in through the windows, ARR in the background and Sindha reading John Irving, at my side

  • Sindha and I vacationing in Leh, Jaisalmer, Kodaikanal, Matheran, Munnar - any of the places we've been to

  • Asterix and the Normans

  • Dire Straits playing Sultans of Swing

  • Alistair McLean's Fear is the Key. I need to be ten to enjoy this fully, though

  • Dark clouds on a Kerala sky, the onset of monsoon. People hurrying to reach home, wind beating against their faces. The first drops falling as they reach shelter

  • Serious Sam, Age of Empires, Doom, Half Life, Heroes of Might & Magic, Black & White



This is starting to look like my interests page in l-j, but let me go on a bit more.


  • Posts from , , , , - always worth the wait, never disappoint. (There, now you guys have some extra pressure)

  • Snail mail. A birthday card.

  • Parents. Brother

  • Above all, the wife. And, let me admit it, the upcoming summer blockbuster, The Kid



I feel so much different already. From being pissed, I've passed into melancholia.

*sniff*.

7 comments:

  1. Make mine a vodka.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already boarded a flight leading away from Melancholia, into the land of Blissful Weekendalia.

    If you were male, I'd have ended this with "Thanks, Aliya", to make it complete ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But of course, ole buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh ? I ain't seekin no steenkin sympathy, mister

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope weekendalia was greatalia!!

    thx for the compliment, am v :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the weekend was good, thanks. Note the carefully reworded 'good' instead of 'great'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Asterix and the Normans" is awesome stuff. We actually came up with names for various classmates of ours based on Asterix-ian Gaul/Viking/Norman names . Was quite a bit of fun.

    khorgath for sure is the modern day equivalent of a "karma whore" on slashdot, I reckon. I think I'd mod his posts "insightful" and "informative"

    What?? No "Score:5:Funny" ratings?? I'm outraged!!

    Heh. I'm much flattered that you guys find my posts informative/insightful on an ongoing basis, but I shudder at the thought of being compared to some of the typical slashdotters. To me, my journal is a voice - a voice to myself, and to those around me. Sort of a thinking aloud, if you will. It is necessarrily intended to be a personal space, though I believe that a public purview would go towards improving the discipline I should maintain.

    ReplyDelete