Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Of brothers and cooks

Guess what, Kichan gets a call from MBT after 2 years ! They had made him an offer during campus placements in 2001, which they withdrew later on, stating bad business conditions. One of his friends contacted them recently as she had heard they were hiring. They resonded asking her to join and to let her friends know. So our man mails them and gets a fast response, asking him to join on June 2 in Mumbai for training ! The stipend during the 3 month training period is very low, much lower than what they had promised initially. But at least he has a job in his hand right now.

He will be coming to Blr on Saturday. I'm putting him on the 700am flight to Mumbai on Sunday morning. , do you have any VIPs to receive on that day ?


Finally got a cook ! 's cook appeared yesterday and after a short round of negotiations, started work immediately. Sindha is now feeling guilty over having a cook and a maid to do household chores which she believes she should handle herself. Right.

Govind arrived yesterday. Sindha's cousin and uncle will arrive on Thursday evening. Kichan should be here on Saturday morning. The burning question on our minds right now - where will everyone sleep ???


Finished Owen Meany and started The Tin Drum. Read Ed McBain's Romance in between. Owen Meany is definitely good, but I still think Garp and New Hampshire are Irving's best. The Cider House Rules isn't bad either, but I'd place it fourth on the list, just behind Meany.

Saw the four animatrix shorts yesterday. Didn't really figure out what the big deal was. Only the Reniassance ones seemed to be relevant. Oh well, I'll need to wait till June 13 at least, I guess.

9 comments:

  1. gunter grass ... as my bro would say brillliyunt!!! : happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cook and a maid and I feel no guilt, let me talk to sindha. does sindha go to work?

    I think I have put 'nazar' on my own cook and she has served notice. Have to go cook hunting again :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. does sindha go to work ?

    Sindha works at a medical college about 12km from where we stay. She will probably go on vacation starting mid-June as the baby is due by early July.

    All the best for the cook hunt !

    (Now why does that remind me of Elmer Fudd ? "I'm hunting wabbits !")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guenter Grass? Isn't he the guy the german guy that hung out in Calcutta? ::scratch forehead::

    ReplyDelete
  5. me thinks you would be thinking herman hess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Siddhartha and found it good. Steppenwolf is on my list, haven't got it yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading your post i informed one of my friends too for MBT. She was from our batch 2001 and was selected, then offer withdrawn..She too got an instant reply from them ..Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, thats great ! Good to know my posts have some value, albeit indirect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that title sounded quite apt to me too, coz my brother is a certified cook (*chef* too). but then when I really read the article, I found out the post was about totally two different things! ;-)

    ReplyDelete