Thursday, July 10, 2003

Of promotions, houses, boys, office space and baby girls

Sindha got promoted ! There she was, moping around at home post-delivery, wondering if her job would still be there when she returned to the college. Her principal calls up yesterday evening and congratulates her on the delivery, and extends it by saying "I've recommended you for the post of lecturer" ! Now she hasn't yet seen anything in writing and is not very clear on what this 'recommending her' means, but it does look likely that she has been promoted. This is good. This means a bunch of things, the biggest of which is that we don't need to think of returning to Kerala any time soon. All right !

I've given the legal papers of the site to Biju Small, a lawyer friend of mine. The Small is to differentiate him from another Biju, Biju Large. Now Biju Large gets his name not because of his size, but from a term commonly used in relation to measures of alcohol. But I digress

I also plan to show my dad the site and if possible, take an architect friend of his along. If all the above people certify that the property is good, we will go ahead. Should be able to decide in a week or thereabouts.

ARR's Boys is good. It has a very youthful, peppy feel to it. Catchy tunes, cheesy lyrics as always. Then again, I'm getting old.

Two new additions to my divx collection - Raiders of the Lost Ark and Office Space. I haven't seen Office Space yet, but had a peek at the first 10 minutes and liked it. I can see why its supposed to be a modern cult classic (if that phrase exists).

Rachana looks set to be a mimicry artist. She makes all kinds of sounds both asleep and awake. Grunts, sighs, tuneful moans and what have you. She has an interested look on her face when I play music, especially ARR (or so I would like to believe). She also seems to mistake me for the WC; she waits the whole day for me to get home and take her in my arms, especially after I've had a bath and changed into clean clothes. Maybe its my singing to her which does it.

13 comments:

  1. She has an interested look on her face when I play music, especially ARR

    Made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok,i want to officially register my displeasure at the name Rachana, further aggravated by the fact that it is Rachana and not Rachna. Can i refer to her as Megha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, right.

    Her name is Rachana Madhav, got it registered too. End of discussion, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachna would be a good name for Mary Jane Watson's & Peter Parker's daughter ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. >>She also seems to mistake me for the WC; she waits the whole day for me to get home and take her in my arms, especially after I've had a bath and changed into clean clothes. Maybe its my singing to her which does it.

    haa haa ! ;) that was funny ! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remind me not to sing too when I come there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been told that you do a super rendition of Hotel California ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It goes like this (sung with a mallu accent):

    Kaalifornia, Kaalifornia..
    Hotel hotel hotel kaalifornia..
    hey,
    Kaalifornia, Kaalifornia..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Etymologically. Think it's Greek.

    ReplyDelete
  10. for a full second i thought it was entomologically, then i realized spiders are not insects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Sindhaji. Has the promotion been further consolidated?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks and yes. She hasn't yet got the letter from them, but we do hope to see a nice consolidation !

    ReplyDelete