Monday, August 25, 2003

It feels odd reading about the blasts in Mumbai s...

It feels odd reading about the blasts in Mumbai sitting half a world away. I hope this doesn't escalate into something big. I hope there are no more deaths. I hope my brother and my friends will be fine.

Dallas is hot. Its not just the heat, its the intensity of the sun which surprised me. Bhaskar took me around yesterday, we were walking from the car to a store when the sun hit me at full blast. I couldn't see clearly for a while, it was that bad. Of course, I spent most of the day indoors, so I didn't really get affected. But I think sunstroke is a definite possibility if I stay out too long.

Didn't buy anything much yesterday, apart from a moisturizing lotion for Sindha and a few chocolates. I debated over buying a PDA but didn't find anything within budget (less than $100) that I liked. Sony's Clie is an option, I guess. Lets see if I get time over the next few days to go out again. I've got a few dinner invites, one from my boss for tomorrow. Two other people who've come with me from India are ex-Dallas employees, so they know quite a few people here. I'm piling on with them when they go out, so that takes care of most of the evenings.

Need to get busy with PowerPoint. There are three day long meetings starting Wednesday. Fun times ahead.

4 comments:

  1. I have a Handspring Visor Edge that I have barely used, inspite of the fact that I spent about 200 dollars on buying it. My cellphone is my organizer, has everything I need, so I never used the PDA.

    You can find a Review Here.

    Tech Specs

    What I like best about the Visor Edge is that it is very slim, and yet full-featured. Of course, it doesnt have a color display and all that jazz, but its a good, cheap PDA.

    You can buy it off of me for 60 dollars if you are interested. It sells for about $100 , according to Pricegrabber

    Let me know if you are interested. mail at carthik dot net.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does not matter if you are half the world away. see my journal... i was half a kilometer away and i was first oblivious and then a coward and then did not care.
    all in all i was a silly human.
    enjoy Dallas.
    success to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the detailed mail and the offer. One question - how do I get the thing from you, if I decide to buy ? I'm leaving this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can ship it out to your (work?) address by ups two day or next day shipping.

    ReplyDelete