Friday, October 10, 2003

Gods, Dogs and Automobiles

Finished American Gods yesterday. Got the book from who got it from - thanks, guys ! I thought it started off pretty well but meandered towards the end. Maybe my expectations were way too high. Nice idea, though. Should try reading a few more Gaiman books.

Is there any RJ more irritating than Sunayana Lal of Radio City ? She's too sweet and bubbly for the likes of me. I'd like a bit of caffeine in my coffee, not just lumps of sugar, thank you very much.

Have been playing Led Zepp's Black Dog endlessly in my head. An amazing song - dappan kuthu ! When will I get a radio station that plays rock 24 hours a day ? There's only so much of remix I can take without puking. Maybe its a conspiracy - the music companies pay the radio stations to play indipop, thereby forcing guys like me to go out and buy music we can listen to in the car without going crazy.

Funny, there's no one whom I need to pick up from the railway station tomorrow. My car might head there automatically, though.

21 comments:

  1. Blistering Barnacles! I'll be danged if this isn't a most curious coincidence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. >> Funny, there's no one whom I need to pick up from >> the railway station tomorrow

    Think Pavlov, dear Madhav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it! the ending was waaay too abrupt after all that build-up, I felt played out. I think his other books were really good though.. neverwhere is really amazing and stardust is fairytalish..

    Still, what he lacks in novel-writing abilty, he more than makes up in his graphic novels.. There is 'The day I exchanged my Dad for two goldfish' which is cheeky and dark..but go read the Sandman series and be bowled over. It is expensive though..

    ReplyDelete
  4. High hopes maybe, but I have this weird feeling that the Sandman series will come as part of the 5.5 GB.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you get these userpics from???

    ReplyDelete
  6. The internet is a vast resource, my friend... failing which I have access to a digital camera and a flatbed scanner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn! Money will get you everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Thought you were being modest. And access to a scanner I can understand, but a digital camera? Oh well. Guess I have a lot to learn/ wealthy friends to make/ generous employers to join. :)

    So why are you in office on a Saturday? Go home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. IIMC got it's networked and PC installed rooms around the middle of my first year, and needless to say, my grades suddenly nosedived. And as the year went on, they became a function (inversely proportional, of course) of the magnitude and variety of content on the network.

    I shudder to think of the average grades on campus now. :)

    You friend, Beatzo. Please feel free to express your displeasure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saturdays are the best - you can

    * Get a lot of work done WITHOUT a succession of useless meetings and phone calls interrupting you

    * Surf around, read usenet, post to LJ, whatever - without someone butting in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :). I guess. So I take your hint, and finish up some long delayed business. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I didn't know you were from IIM-C. Heck, I don't even know your name ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Batch of 2001, for my sins. And my name is Kanchan (at least my profile says so:))).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black Dog is fuckin 0ssum !!!

    ReplyDelete