Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rachu

Everyone was interested in watching Rachu's reaction when she saw me after I got back. Whether she'd jump around, yell, be angry, etc.

She was asleep when I reached home - my flight got in at around 4am on Monday. All of us were downstairs, Kichan and Seena about to leave for work, when we heard sounds of her waking up. We all ran up to the bedroom and I lay down beside her. She slowly opened her eyes, looked at me and then said she was hungry. I replied and cuddled up with her. She looked at me again, hugged me tight and started sobbing. Sobbing like an adult, not like a two year old child. Slowly, everyone left the room. I don't remember the last time I felt so depressed.

She still appears to feel I will leave her - started crying when I carried my parents' luggage to the car, thinking I was going too. Cried buckets today when I dropped her at school, something she hasn't done in a long time.

It's not easy being a dad. It's way tougher being a two year old kid.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is sooo heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. :(

    I've noticed that this fear of being abandoned persists for years and comes up when you least expect it. Tough world. Hope it makes them stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 27.. and I still am afraid to get married and leave my parents.

    The crying will last for life. And now, after reading this, I realise how much they must hurt too. It's a rite of passage, unfortunately..

    Just make sure you stay connected to her when you are together with her now, and as she grows up - my dad and mom are still my best friends, all said. So it is possible..and I think you can keep things between the two of you that close over the years. That will really help reduce her tears.

    ReplyDelete