Friday, August 19, 2005

TGIF

Office. Home. Office. Step out for lunch, step out for dinner. Home. Work till 2am. Back in office by 930am.

The thing is, I can get a lot more work done when I am here. I try not to think of Bangalore, family and other such minor details. I am becoming a machine.

Maybe this weekend will help. Plan to go for a movie today - whatever is running. I think I watched Mr and Mrs Smith the other day, but I couldn't be sure.

***

Work is great, though. Designing an organization, planning out processes, running recruitment, IT support - all the internal stuff. Then there is the customer facing part: working with CEOs and CTOs of small companies, helping them plan out a technology roadmap, convincing them about the India model and showing them how we can deliver value.

It's not that I'm not enjoying work. Just that there is so much to do.

***

I was able to finally find two books I've always wanted - Chuck Palahniuk's Fight Club and Ed McBain's Cop Hater (the first book of the 87th Precint Series). Reading Fight Club is just like watching the movie - it's almost like the screenplay. Amazing writing.

As in Bangalore, all my reading is in the loo.

***

, thanks for driving me around last Sunday. It was great hanging out with you.

2 comments: