Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stick-my-neck-out dept

Ok, here are my predictions for the Oscars. Bets, anyone?

Picture: No Country For Old Men

Director: The Coens

Lead Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis. He will drink your milkshake on stage.

Lead Actress: Julie Christie for Away From Her. Alzheimer's, come on.

Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody for Juno

Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country For Old Men

Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, I'm Not There

The egg on my face will be wiped clean on the 25th, of course.

6 comments:

  1. I say Amy Ryan for Gone Baby Gone, but otherwise I agree with you. Bardem's got one award covered like nobody did since... umm.

    I hope they give the Best Actor award to somebody else... maybe Tommy Lee Jones? Oh wait: to Depp as a Scorsese-like lifetime achievement award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best pic to No Country? Oscars generally don't like unhappy, or even realistic stories.

    I remember Titanic beat L.A.Confidential :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best foreign film?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see I'm Not There? I thought it was a very puzzling film, and curiously not uninteresting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. I haven't watched most of the films in this list anyway - these are just my predictions, not what I liked :)

    ReplyDelete