Saturday, March 1, 2008

No Country For Old Men

Loved the movie, need to watch it again.


I didn't find the much talked about ending ambiguous. There wasn't any ambiguity, there really wasn't anything to misunderstand. The ending was just way different from traditional movie climaxes, especially when you've been led to believe you were watching a convetional albeit very well made thriller.

Yeah, right. The Coens and conventional.

The first reaction me and my wife had was quite similar to this. You can find a more serious discussion here, if you have watched the film and want to know more.

I'm happy No Country.. won Best Picture. Very un-Academy like, I'd say.

3 comments:

  1. 'sugar' rocks! the pigeon shooting scene was the spookiest.

    the only other character that i have seen coming so close to psychotic was spacey in se7en.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I felt exactly the same way. And I did get to watch it again. I want to see it on big screen, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the end makes everything clear about Chigurh and his motivations more than anything else in there.

    ReplyDelete