Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stick-my-neck-out-dept v2009

Here we go with my predictions for the Oscars:

Picture: Slumdog Millionaire

Director: Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire

Actor in a Leading Role: Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler

Actress in a Leading Role: Kate Winslet, The Reader

Actor in a Supporting Role: Robert Downey Jr, Tropic Thunder. I'm kidding. Heath Ledger of course, for the picture that should have been nominated as Best Pic.

Actress in a Supporting Role: Penelope Cruz, Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Original Screenplay: Wall.E

I'm not going to try and predict the winner for Best Original Song and Best Score, for some reason.

7 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree with all of them. Except Wall E. That un, as much as I love it, might not win screenplay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, do you think Slumdog Millionaire will get the award because it's a good movie or because it's the kind of thing those folk like?

    Still the same ad though, no knickers or cookies :)

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I spent a lot of time agonizing over that one. In Bruges has a good chance, as does Milk. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my predictions, not necessarily what I think are the best. I did enjoy Slumdog, but I don't think it was the best movie of 2008.

    As for the ad, I see Angelina Jolie in Changeling now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. > not necessarily what I think are the best

    Should've figured that but thought I'd ask anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did pretty well dude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, 5 out of 7 is what I got last year too. Need to break that next year :)

    ReplyDelete