Monday, April 4, 2011

What I learnt the last few weeks

I'm still on the emotional high of India's second world cup win. I stress the word 'second' because I am old enough to remember the first, one of the very few folks on my Twitterstream who were not in their nappies then. The win in '83 was a surprise because we were rank outsiders. The win this year was a surprise too, simply because we were the favourites and favourites always faltered. Or so a nation thought.

Till the night of April 2, 2011.

I learnt something from this win. Learnt about leadership. Learnt about the importance of self belief. About confidence. Instilling confidence in others. About bucking the odds, making your choices and sticking to them. Owning up to mistakes.

I also learnt about stepping up and leading from the front.

Thank you, Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

 

Posted via email from Mostly Charmless

No comments:

Post a Comment