Saturday, November 10, 2001

Angsts

Angst # 1 - Noticed how slow Live Journal has been these days ? I made a typo in my journal yesterday and wanted to correct it. However LJ kept timing out.I've also been unable to add more smart alecky comments to the thread about Jayasankar's photo.

Anyway the typo was that the sex of the giant turtle on whom the discworld rests is un-known, not known. Makes a whole world of difference.

Angst #2 - Saturday seems to be sneeze day for me. Woke up with a running nose and a barrage of sneezes. Still sniffling after all these hours. And this without doing a bit of dusting. Now at office and what do I find ? The office boys cleaning and dusting all over. Aaachhoo..

Angst # 3 - For the second time this week, the newspaper boy delivered Deccan Herald instead of The Hindu. I'm a creature of habit, and I like to take The Hindu to the loo early in the morning. Its a ritual, its part of a very delicate process which I don't want disturbed. How can I even think of substituting The Hindu with the Herald ? I was forced to carry The Times of India to the loo today. This resulted in me coming out in a record four and a half minutes.

Angst # 4 - Found a much shorter way to reach office. You travel right along 80 feet road and don't take any turns. This results in saving close to 2 km. However it could also result in a flat tire, the road is so bad. Why cant the BCC pave all these roads ?

Angst #5 - The Net connection from home is still pathetically slow. I guess I should try calling up netKracker, where the SUN never sets. Perhaps they can figure out how to speed it up some.

I think I'll go back home now. At least I can feel miserable and curl up in bed. Here at office I can feel miserable all right, but curling up in my chair is tough.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 4.5 minutes, eh? How do I subscribe for Herald?

    ReplyDelete