Thursday, November 22, 2001

Metamorphosis, etc

I think my hair is turning pointy. I'm becoming bald in the center. Fat. Losing my sense of reality. In short, turning into Dilbert's boss.

I don't code these days. I don't get into heated technical discussions. The only heat I generate is when I talk to the facilities group or HR, trying to get some machines or other infrastructure organized. Developers have resorted to talking to others in the team to get answers to their questions.

Then again, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. This is what I wanted to do when I entered this industry. I enjoy doing this too. I work with a product and a team that is world class. So maybe it isn't all that bad, switching to the dark side.

Started reading the fourth book in the Discworld series, Sourcerer. I think I should buy a few, they are quite enjoyable.

Kamal Hassan's Abhay has been widely slammed by the critics. Now why does this give me pleasure ? I used to like the man when I was in college, thought him to be one of India's best. Now I think he's a good actor, but nowhere in the league of Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, Mohan Lal, etc. I may get flamed for this, but this is what I believe. A great actor doesn't have any mannerisms of his own, you don't know what he is like in real life. You only know him by the character he plays in the movie you are currently watching. I think that the three names above have that remarkable talent. Not Kamal.

Achan reached Bangalore yesterday. He left for the Ashram right after breakfast. Today morning I got a call from him, from Bellary ! Guruji went to Bellary, so he tagged along. Only difference was that Guruji flew in a private airplane, while my father took the train. He will be home tomorrow morning, and then leave for Trivandrum in the evening. After a quick visit to the Ashram in between, of course.

Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment