Wednesday, November 21, 2001

Wishing Well

If you had three wishes, what would your fourth wish be ?

You know, the almost-made-it wish ? Which you later regret for not including in your original list ?

I read this Calvin & Hobbes cartoon where Calvin asks Hobbes what he would want to wish for, if he could get just anything he wanted. Hobbes wishes for a tuna sandwich, surprising Calvin. Calvin goes on to wish for money, power or some such. The last panel shows Hobbes happily making himself a sandwich in the kitchen, saying "Well, I got _my_ wish".

Rather neat, that.

I dont think I have a fourth wish. I have just two I can think of. How about world peace as a third wish ? Nah. I guess I'll leave that for the Miss Universes of this World.

2 comments:

  1. If, hypothetically, I had three wishes, my third wish would simply be for another 1000 wishes. And when I reach wish #999 of that, I extend it again :)

    Simple, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what everyone wishes for ! Pity, really.

    ReplyDelete