Tuesday, December 11, 2001

On a Tuesday afternoon...

Had a good weekend at Manipal. Booked my stay for New Years also, from Dec 29 to Jan 1.

Finally managed to get a ticket to Nagercoil on the 21st. So my trip to Kerala is on schedule. Reaching Tvm on the 22nd. One day trip to Tiruvalla on the 23rd. Return to Blr on the 25th. Short and (hopefully) sweet.

The cassette player part of my Aiwa music system conked out on Friday. It makes a lot of clicking noises and flatly refuses to play. I'm relying on the CD player to tide me over. Need to find out a good service center and get it fixed soon.

Looking through my old posts, I realize that I prefer books to movies. Surprising. When I started this journal, I thought I would be writing a lot about films and film trivia. But its been over a month now and I've been talking mainly about books. Nice to know what I like. :-)

I'm re-reading Agatha Christie's 'And Then There Were None'. This is the politically correct title of 'Ten Little Niggers', which I had read in school. I now realize her flaws as a writer - weak characterization, wafer thin descriptions, etc. Still, a darn good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment