Sunday, January 13, 2002

Cool Weekend

Watched Ocean's 11 today at office. A really cool movie. The music is just right, the actors play their parts to perfection, the director never insults your intelligence and the ambience is spot on. The last crime caper I enjoyed like this was The Sting.

George Clooney and Brad Pitt take the definition of being cool to a new level. I thought Julia Roberts was wasted in a small role and Andy Garcia's character could have been developed a bit more. But no matter. Ocean's 11 is a movie you can really sink your teeth into. Delicious. I'd give it a 73.

Oh, I also saw Don't Say a Word yesterday night. I didn't have high expectations, so cant say I was disappointed. However the movie is full of cliches and ends with the biggest of them all - climax set in a cemetery in the night, graves being dug, precious gem buried in a doll...come on, I've seen Hindi films which have done this better. The first half was watchable, though. 41.

Deb and were with me for the movie and dinner thereafter. Had a good time, helped a bit by Senor Bacardi.

No comments:

Post a Comment