Monday, April 22, 2002

Chennai in the summer...

Had a great weekend. Sindha and her parents were home, so pigged out on food. Checked out a few cars - Santro, Indica and Palio. The dealers actually bring the cars to your house these days, to give you a test drive. Talk about customer delight.

We are trying to chose between the Indica and the Palio. The former is slightly bigger and has a cost advantage of Rs 60,000. However the Palio is classier and appears to have a smoother finish and better engine performance. The mileage is lousy for both the cars, so I'm screwed either way.

My cousin Anu is getting married in June, at Chennai. Everyone is feeling extremely excited. This will be the second marriage in the family since mine five years back. (Has it really been five years ?? Maaan....)

Sindha wont be able to attend, but I am thinking of taking a few days off and be there from the 14th or 15th. Thought - how about driving down ? Heh heh heh....

Current book - Anil's Ghost by Michael Ondaatje

4 comments:

  1. Have you checked out the Zen Diesel version? Oh, do ping me before you get here -- I live in madras myself, and we could possibly meet up ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. do ping me before you get here

    Will do, though I dont know how much free time I'll get there. My aunt has already started planning a list of to-dos for me. :-)

    Have you checked out the Zen Diesel version?
    No, wasnt keen on a diesel variant. Wasnt keen on Zen either, though I know its a good car. Wanted something bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool.

    If you get a bigger car, I would recommend steel belted radials, and power steering. They really make a difference on such cars. What kind of a driver are you? Do you drive much? Highways? Bangalore -> Madras, etc? And so on ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of a driver are you?
    Pathetic. I havent driven in years, so thats another worry.

    ReplyDelete