Friday, June 14, 2002

Chennai Ahoy !

Off to the cool climes of Chennai tonight, back on the 20th. I'm feeling happy since its my cousin Anu's marriage; we havent had a wedding in the family since mine 5 years ago. Should be great fun.

I also plan to catch up with a few old friends - Deepak from my Blue Star days (93-94) and Puthran from my school and pre-degree days (81-89). Might bump into (aka ). One place I'm really looking forward to visit is Landmark, my haunt of yore. I still believe its the best bookshop in India - at least I couldnt find a better shop in Bombay, Delhi, Bangalore and Trivandrum. I'm told that they have opened a new, bigger shop at Spencer's - not sure how it compares with the Nungambakkam Road one.

I don't know if I will get time to check mail and post on l-j. "So if I dont see you later, good morning, good evening and good night !" (yeah, name the movie).

Pip-pip.

7 comments:

  1. I'm clueless as to the movie. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Truman Show !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to meet Chennai!

    I have a couple of friends from there. My boyfriend is from there as well... Also that's the land ot my very admired A. R. Rahman and L Shankar.

    Well, Irrelevant fact of the day! :P

    Peace!

    Pekky

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one at Spencer's is better... by far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there, liked the place. Nice guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip. Read it after I returned, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bingo. I was blown away by the place. Awesome display, aesthetics, etc. However I'm not totally sure if the new one has as much range.

    ReplyDelete