Friday, October 4, 2002

Been a long week

Lots of work, lots of chores and hardly any time to put my feet up and relax. Well, thats not completely true. I did get some time to sack out and play Warcraft 3. Would love some more, though.

Bought a cd of the Rolling Stones album Forty Licks and a cassette of Elvis' No 1 hits. Both sound good. I've never listned to Stones much before. However this collection is really good. The Elvis album is of course a great listen - Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock and Love Me Tender are some of my all time favourites

4 comments:

  1. AHA!!!

    So how do you like it??? (War3 i.e. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I liked it all right. However I still feel the Age of Empires series is more user friendly. Maybe its because I havent played War3 enough, but I found its interface slightly cumbersome. Are there hotkeys for structrures and can you assign hotkeys to units ? I couldnt figure that out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that.

    Don't know about hotkeys for structures, haven't used them. Once you click on a building, you have hotkeys for the rest. (Just hover your mouse over every action, and see which alphabet is coloured differently.) Ditto abt the hotkeys for skills and actions of units

    As for the units, extensive hotkeys are there. Select any group and press Ctrl-1. From now on, pressing '1' selects that group. That holds for all number keys. 'Tab' cycles through the active person in a group,... F1/F2/F3, etc automatically select your primary/secondary/tertiary hero. Also, war3 retains Starcraft's shift-queue-ing. Just press shift, and ask a unit to do a series of actions. He will then proceed to carry out those actions in that order. You can, for eg, ask a peon to build a burrow, and then repair a catapult, and then get back to mining gold.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know about the shift-queue funda, thanks. I thought I tried the Ctrl+1 thingy, but it didnt work for me. Let me try again.

    ReplyDelete