Monday, February 16, 2004

How I spent my last three days

Finished The Simoqin Prophecies on Sunday. Very good read - its not just the references, he can spin a mean tale too. There are a few editing problems - a word missed out in one sentence, lots of 'ensure that' - minor stuff really. Can't wait for the sequel.

Went for 's quiz at KQA and came in third. Kichan was my partner. Need to go to Premier Books for another round now. Maybe I'll pick up Wolves of the Calla if its available. Or another McBain.

Rachu took her booster shot of Hepatitis B vaccine in the morning. She yelled for a short while after the injection, but was remarkably quiet after that. No fever in the evening, either. She's quite plucky, that kid. Doesn't cry all that much when she hits her head or falls down. She doesn't take very easily to strangers carrying her, though.

Saw an abridged version of Khakee in the evening. Kichan tells me we missed out the boring bits, so maybe its all for the good. I thought the movie was watchable. Generally speaking, Hindi movies have become better these days. At least they have some variety. On the other hand, you do have stuff like Rudraksh every now and then.

The team trip on Friday went off very well, had a lot of fun. We have a company-wide meeting and party tomorrow. I'll attend the meeting but might not stay for the party.

Just realized this post is very dry. Where's a beer when you need one ?

4 comments:

  1. > Where's a beer when you need one ?


    Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what's this The Simoqin Prophesies about? And is the author an emerging big name? Seems interesting from what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check the Outlook review (you need to register though - its free) or the Express review .

    I don't know if the author is an emerging big name or not. He's all of twenty-three, by the way.

    But hey, I like fantasy fiction, so I'm probably biased. You might not like this stuff at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reviews and the snippets of the story seem enticing, 23, wow! I am going to read this as soon as I can lay hands on a copy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete