Saturday, February 14, 2004

The Simoqin Prophecies

Reading Samit Basu's The Simoqin Prophecies makes me feel as though I'm with a circle of buddies, discussing books and movies over a beer or two. Probably , , and , for starters. Twenty pages into the book and I found references to The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland, The Ramayan, Asterix, Discworld, Camelot, Harry Potter and Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I'm now on page 163 and have gone past King Kong, Bollywood, B-schools and of all things, Bridget Jones' Diary. There are probably many more that I've missed.

I'm interested enough to keep reading. And happy that there's finally an Indian author who isn't bound by any rules.

2 comments:

  1. If i'm not mistaken, this guy was featured recently in India Today as a young achiever. It's supposed to be the first science fiction book by an indian. Do put up a review if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really Science Fiction, more of Fantasy. I completed it yesterday, liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete