Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Importing into gmail

Stumbled across this neat little utility that helps import all your Mozilla based email into gmail. Just download the tool from the site and follow instructions. Remember to copy/move mail from your local folders into your Inbox before you run the tool, as it sends mail from the Inbox folder, not the subfolders (at least as far as I could tell).

If you are an Outlook/Outlook Express user, you can import your mails into Mozilla Thunderbird and then use the tool.

I'm now scratching my head trying to think of a quick way to organize all this new mail I've got.

8 comments:

  1. people using outlook should switch to thunderbird if they could, gmail or no gmail. i was using thunderbird in my previous company. currently dark forces insist that i use outlook. tchah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why?! :-/

    (i.e presuming there is any compelling reason other than personal preference or organizational need)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks madhav... i was looking for a tool like this from the day i got the gmail acc. Will try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. > I wonder why?! :-/

    wonder why thunderbird is better/why i'm compelled to use outlook ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder why people should switch from OutLook(not Outlook Express) to Thunderbird?!

    Just curious to know if Thunderbird has too many good features.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have an invite for gmail? could you send me one
    umaramanan (in the ) yahoo.com domain?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, all my invites are used up.

    ReplyDelete