Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Movies

The last three movies I saw were Peeping Tom, The Stepford Wives (the remake) and Where's Poppa.

Peeping Tom chilled me to the bone. It's one movie worth its cult following. Thank you Martin Scorcese, for pulling this movie back into the limelight. Roger Ebert has written a superb review of the movie here.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I watched the last ten minutes of The Stepford Wives. The tacked on climax is silly, idiotic, inane and absolutely senseless. I just hope they don't remake Rosemary's Baby and give it an upbeat ending too. Sheesh!

Where's Poppa may not be the funniest movie ever made (as some blurbs have it), but it has its moments. I doubt if anyone - no matter what the mood - can watch it without bursting out laughing at least once. If the gorilla suit doesn't get you, the rape of the cop will. Ruth Gordon is an amazing actress.

4 comments:

  1. One small Q?

    Where do you rent these movies from, "if" you do rent 'em ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of these are rented. I got Peeping Tom and Where's Poppa from a friend. I watched The Stepford Wives on a flight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saary Kal ho na ho poyo? vitale godhra shuru hogaya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't like ebert's reviews. but i'd like to see these movies.

    ReplyDelete