Thursday, October 14, 2004

Visa woes

See, the guys at office have been trying to get me a US visa by the 21st, so that I can attend a conference at San Jose, right? The problem is that my interview date for the visa is scheduled for the 27th, a week after I need to fly out. So I kept trying to advance my interview date by going to the TT services website and checking if an earlier date was available.

My manager hits upon the bright idea of trying this round the clock, so sets up the security guard with a laptop and gives him instructions on how to change dates. Sure enough, the security guy calls me at 1:30 am and informs me that he managed to get me a slot for the 20th. I thank him for a job well done.

I arrive today morning and the guard greets me with a happy smile. He says that he kept trying the whole night and just before I got to work today, he saw another vacant slot and changed my date again, back to the 27th.

18 comments:

  1. *rotfl*

    This has to go to Readers Digest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys forgot to put in the "endif" part of the code i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your HR got your Manager's and Guard's profiles mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what being dilberted is all about:).
    Please promote security guard to CEO position immediately

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh. my. god.
    i would have killed the guard. and THEN explained to him why he is dead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is HILARIOUS!! guess the guard owes his life to your sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness god!!!! not to rub more salt, but this is among the best *jokes* i've read! absolutely hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rocks !! :))

    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, didn't the manager inform the guard not to get any slot after 20th?

    ReplyDelete
  10. :-) you are kidding right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha. Woke me up from my late afternoon blues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a joke right ? Life can't be that cruel :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh dude, its gets more sick when it comes to H1B!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yo live and kicking mash... just waiting to get some time to get on my own post. u doing well i see... losing phones and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, security guards are usually paid around Rs. 3K or less. You don't expect high-level analysis for them. WYSIWYG.

    I blame the HR dude squarely for this fuck-up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "for them" = "from them"

    ReplyDelete