Sunday, January 23, 2005

Changil ninnum

So here I am at the Changi airport in Singapore. The time is now 4am. The transit hotel will not give me a room till 5, so I have about an hour to kill. There is a security guard with a machine gun standing behind me, asking me for my passport and boarding pass. He quickly scans my documents and gives me a onceover. I pass muster, thankfully.

The internet kiosk offers free internet for just 15 minutes: my time is almost up.

Talk about Live journal. Sheesh.

4 comments:

  1. i thought you can occupy the internet kiosk from 11 pm on...i remember using it for a couple of hrs.. the 15 min rule is not strictly enabled...or atleast till anyone comes and stand behind you..
    and a m/c gun totting guard in changi...mmm interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you have free wireless internet, or are you not carrying your laptop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do have wireless, but it's not free. The kiosk is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. Love the subject line.

    ReplyDelete