Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Catherine Viji Jones

I visited a call center in Chennai last month. Listened in on a couple of calls with an agent. The technical term is 'barging in', or so I'm told. The agent whom I barged in on was called Catherine Jones by everyone - her customers, her peers and her supervisors. She called herself Viji.

One caller was a Hispanic lady who had trouble accessing the Internet. Catherine asked her to type out a URL (http://...) in the address bar of her browser. She said,"'H' as in Harry, 'T' as in Tom...". The lady went "Ok. I type out Harry, Tom...".

This isn't a joke. I heard it. Live.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I've seen that clip. I've also been to that call center in Hyderabad a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, mistar madhavan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!:)

    ReplyDelete