Friday, January 6, 2006

Of Quarterly Fixes and a Birthday Wish

It was time for my quarterly fix, I just couldn't hold back any longer. and I set off to The Market yesterday. Their pirate flags were flying at half-mast, still in mourning after 's departure.


For my Kubrick collection: Barry Lyndon, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Lolita. I already have Full Metal Jacket, Spartacus, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange and Dr Strangelove. I refuse to buy Eyes Wide Shut and though I think The Killing is a very good movie, I didn't feel like buying it. Haven't seen Paths of Glory and the earlier stuff.

For my de Niro collection: The Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver, Good Fellas, Raging Bull & Hide and Seek (yeah, I know. It was part of a pack)

Disney Dept: Bambi, Pinocchio, Snow White & The Seven Dwarves, The Jungle Book 1 & 2

The Al Pacino collection: Serpico, Carlito's Way, Insomnia & The Insider.

Others:
Spirited Away
Blow
Finding Neverland
Some Like It Hot
Jamon Jamon
Knife in the Water
Me and You and Everyone We Know
Batman Begins
Apocalypse Now
The Wild Bunch
Duel
Aguirre, The Wrath of God
Mystic River
Heavenly Creatures (Director's Cut)
Love Actually
Midnight Cowboy
Secretary
(muahahaha. Have been waiting to get this for quite a while now)

I'm sure I forgot a few. Anyway, I'm on a high now.


And before I forget, happy birthday, AR Rahman!

20 comments:

  1. beatzo's departure? what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! amazing haul of stuff, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, fantastic collection. my husband's just got this monster home theatre system and i've been meaning to go pick up a few titles too. know what- i'm gonna copy paste this list plus some i saw at rileens's last post. where did ya go shopping? national mkt.? i promise not to hone my fetish for bargaining and buy at whatever rates asked :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, National Market. No bargaining needed once you know the guy well. I can't guarantee that they will play well on a home theatre system though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamon Jamon is not all that good, though Mr.Ebert disagrees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three guesses why I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. latest news, beatzo arrival has made hyd's pirate khan's go into a frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plot is abit complicated, and the narration rreminiscent of Almodovar. But hey, pork is pork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nude Penelope cruz?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn. You didn't even phone a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next time chetta, take me along also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why buy the cow when you can download the milk for free? :D

    (damn, those scenes of her are hot!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me and You.. is great stuff! and that Miranda July is a geek goddess. The best movie I got to see in 2005!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with that. I saw Mystic River last night and can't decide if I like it or not. I'm interested in knowing what you thought. It seemed a lot like Lantana, but not as good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That being al_lude's comment on Me and You.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a coincidence. I too saw Mystic River last night. Didn't like it, though everyone had acted very well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo The secretary :P. I have seen some relevant scenes but a complete viewing should be worthwile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. > For my Kubrick collection... Spartacus

    I read that Kirck Douglas and Kubrick had a disagreement over this one and... for some reason I assumed he never considered it one of his films. Did Kubrick actually finish this one himself?

    > The Al Pacino collection: Serpico, Carlito's Way, Insomnia & The Insider.

    Got the exact same one myself the other day, and about 20 others :)

    > 2001: A Space Odyssey
    > Raging Bull
    > Apocalypse Now

    Where do you find these? The guys I go to never have such movies. Are there any specific guys who deal in older movies?

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is this guy i go to - I dont remember the details, but his shop is on the middle row itself. A fairly young guy.

    ReplyDelete