Wednesday, November 28, 2001

Infinet and beyond...

Tried out HCL Infinet connection yesterday, worked like a charm. I told the chap at the shop that I was having problems with my NetKracker account. He immediately responded by asking me if I stayed at Indira Nagar ! Apparently Indira Nagar users of NetKracker have faced problems in accessing the Net. Wow.

I might get one more convert to Live Journal - my friend Nachiket. Heh heh.

Questions:
- Should I buy a second hand car ?
- Should I buy a first hand car ?
- Should I buy a car ?

Thoughts:
- Eating Prawn Manchurian for dinner may leave you with a queasy feeling the next day
- Its impossible to walk up four flights of stairs if you have had a couple of beers the night before
- Chicken liver fry is usually very very tasty

Yes, I'm hungry.

6 comments:

  1. "- Should I buy a car ?"

    You should.
    All married people who can afford it should.
    It's the dad in me speaking.
    All unmarried people can drive drunk and reckless on two-wheelers, for all I care.
    (You know I was just kidding about the unmarried, don't you? Jay, I love you death!)

    Get a first-hand car. If that isn't too much of a drain.
    The pleasures that a brand-new car offers are indescribable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But why ? Why do married people have to 'do' all these things ?
    - buy a car
    - have a kid
    - act like you're grown up
    - not go out with old beer buddies
    - live happily ever after

    Why ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am only guilty of the second charge.
    I had a kid, because, you know... it just happened -- we weren't planning it and reading Dr. Spock and knitting baby dresses or anything. It just so happened.
    We are very thankful, though.

    #1. The car was a gift to my wife from her brother. It's good to have a car -- mainly because of the ease of lugging things around and yes, the monsoons.

    #3. Act like a grown-up? Huh? I don't. Do you?

    #4. My wife is one of the old beer/vodka buddies, so that works itself out. :)

    #5. Happily? Ever after? Are you serious?
    Oh, your wife comes home only on weekends, right? That must be it. You lucky guy, you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no, I wasnt referring to you, oh miss understanding soul ! I didnt even know u had a car.

    But you answered my qn this time. I need to buy a car because of the ease in lugging luggage in the monsoons. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you were speaking in generalities.
    I was answering to them from my perspective.
    That is all.
    Me, misunderstand you?
    Tauba, tauba! :)

    Just to be fleetingly surreal, let me quote Bart Simpson in passing - "Don't have a cow, man!"

    Have a car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah. I don't have a kid, bought a car, act grown up at least in office, go out with old beer buddies(they're only as old as me, actually), and i live happily ever after

    so what am i?
    quasi-married?

    ReplyDelete