Thursday, November 29, 2001

Off and On

Off to Hyd in a couple of hours. Its going to be hectic - interviews start at 830 and 800 am on Fri and Sat. I hate being bleary eyed when I meet people.

Had a pleasant surprise the other day when an old friend from the Applieds batch of 93 mailed me - Mathew Kuruvilla ! Nice to hear from old classmates.

Me and Quark apparently share the same friends. I don't think I know him, though he has added me to his list of blog buddies. Should I accept his open invite of a beer in December ? Maybe not. I've seen too many slasher movies. No offence meant, oh quarky one.

Then there was this ponnampalli_rajani (or some such) person who sent me six different offline messages on my yahoo messenger account - 'are u there ?', 'I'm going to vijayawada tomorrow', 'I can chat at 5pm', etc. She messaged me later when I was online and I politely asked her who she was. She got insulted that I didn't know her, and that was all she wrote.

Not to mention this Sreejith character from Mumbai who insists that I've met him in the Kochi chat room at Rediff, this jpeg30 character from yahoo who wanted to add me as his buddy...the Net does strange things to people.

Back on Monday morning. Later, alligators.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, remember me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now my very identity is being called into question. Oh well, it's not the first time :)

    We haven't met but in an offline avatar, my name is Salil Murthy. We were supposed to go for a quiz as a team in Bangalore but it fell through....the common friend (and the third at that quiz party) is chap called Vivek Prahlad, also in i2.

    Lemme know about that beer..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange...

    If it's ponnampalli_rajani (or some such) for you, it's bindipillai007 @ hotmail for me.

    This person's display name reads "Bindu ..Friends pls call me ..if i am not availble in online"[sic].

    She claims to know me from way back and everything about me, but won't reveal her details.
    An Indian version of Miss. Cleo perhaps?

    Who are these people? Do they work for the same outfit or something?

    Oh, all the best for the interviews. Be sure to pick the pretty ones. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you run into some real nutters out there on Yahoo and ICQ. Out of the blue, some chap you've never heard of wants to be your pal.

    Just the other day, this fellow called Mujib messaged me. I had never heard of him, but he wanted to chat with me nevertheless. The audacity of the man! :)

    Beware whom you chat with, lest your "relationship" turn out like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr... That story sure is scary. :(

    Mujib, eh? Hmm...
    Thanks for the tip. I'll be on the lookout for this nutter.
    Where do these psychos pop up from, I ask you?
    Why don't these people just get a life?
    *tch tch*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was planning to ask VP if he knows anyone who is with P&G and one junior to him ! Nice to meet a fellow quizzer any day. Howdy !

    ReplyDelete