Tuesday, December 4, 2001

b2b

Back to Bangalore.

The trip to Hyd was ok - called five people down to Blr for the next round. Quite tiring though - we would have met close to 55 people over 2 days. Went to Deepak, met the uncles, aunts and cousins. All fine and well. Bought the kids a bunch of books - Artemis Fowl, a Roald Dahl, Treasure Island, a William and Lord of the Rings for Saumya. I picked up Roddy Doyle's trilogy (The Snapper, Commitments and The Van) and Philip Pullman's Northern Lights.

I had heard a lot about Pullman, mainly through David Davidar's column in the Hindu. Amazon had also talked about him in one of their mailers. I'm currently reading the book and am happy to report that its quite good. He has a style of his own, slightly dry, but effective. Good imagination, good setting, etc. He is no Tolkien, but I would recommend the book to anyone interested in a good read. Northern Lights is part one of a trilogy. I didn't buy the rest in Hyd (though they were available at a discount) as I wanted to read the first one and then decide. Now I cant wait to grab the rest.

i2's vice chairman, chief operating officer and a couple of executive VPs are in town today. Big heap meeting lined up. Followed by big heap dinner for all employees. Big heap anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment